4/20/2023 Job Posting – Energy Engineer with Schneider Electric
NCAEE Members and Friends,
See information below about an opportunity to join Schneider Electric in Raleigh, NC as an Energy Engineer.
This position is responsible for leading tasks associated with the energy engineering of basic performance contracting projects as well as performing tasks and functions associated with the energy engineering of complex projects of unlimited scope and size.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Lead tasks associated with performing preliminary and detailed energy engineering studies of basic and intermediate complexity projects.
- Participate in performing preliminary and detailed energy engineering studies of complex projects of unlimited scope and size.
- Perform energy-use baseline analysis, including utility rate simulations and weather normalization.
- Generate baseline energy models, perform energy savings calculations, and identify any risk associated with the projections.
- Assist in defining project scope.
- Ensure savings projections are plausible and financial risk is identified.
- Prepare technical audit reports.
- Assist in training & developing of junior engineers on the team
- May assist in sales presentations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
- Four-year science or engineering degree
- Eight years relevant work experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced understanding of building systems and energy use.
- Intermediate understanding of energy modeling software, such as eQuest, HAP, Energy Plus, Trane Trace, or Visual DOE.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to listen effectively and solicit input from others.
- Intermediate organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- Intermediate employee training and mentoring skills
- Good understanding of Performance Contracting.
- Intermediate understanding of Project Development processes.
- Certified Energy Manager certification is preferred.
- Professional Engineer license is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The majority of the work is sedentary. However, when performing job site visits the employee will encounter: moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as laptop computers, tools, ladders and other heavy equipment; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job will require approximately 25% travel to project sites. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Past NCAEE President