5-9-2022 Job Posting – Energy Engineer Piedmont Service Group
NCAEE Members and Friends,
See information below about an opportunity as an Energy Engineer with Piedmont Service Group in Raleigh, NC.
Piedmont Service Group has been providing HVAC services to clients in NC, SC, and VA since 1971!
We are currently looking for an Energy Engineer to join our team in Raleigh, NC.
We provide good compensation, great benefits, and a strong company culture with low turnover.
Essential Job Functions: The Energy Engineer will support our existing and potential clients through a passion for energy optimization, renewable energy, and providing clients with creative technical solutions to their sustainability concerns. Your key customers will be building owners, facility managers, property managers, plant engineers, and operations managers who are associated with commercial and industrial facilities. The job is 75% new business development support with 25% existing account management. Piedmont Service Group is an employer that invests in your professional development, and offers opportunity to work with a very diverse set of cross-functional teams.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, AD&D & other supplemental insurance
- Short-and Long-term disability
- Bonus Potential
- 401(k) / profit sharing
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Provide technical expertise working closely with project managers and client service managers as well as interact with internal project team members and external clients and contractors.
- Prepare technical and energy savings reports with strong technical writing and graphing skills.
- Lead education efforts on energy efficiency and sustainability for internal PSG employees in sales, operations, and technicians.
- Use building analytics software systems to review existing building operation and strategize on energy saving solutions
- Use existing broad based knowledge in energy services to provide consultation to clients.
- Oversee technical feasibility and life cycle cost effectiveness studies.
- Collect and analyze utility bills.
- Work with Investor Owned Energy Utilities as well as Municipal Utilities as it relates to rebates and customer incentives.
- Set data loggers and collect and analyze data.
- Use industry calculations and best practices to create analysis and review analyses created by others.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational practices.
- Conduct site visits to collect baseline data on energy using systems and equipment. Review and comment on shop drawings and design documents, as it relates to energy efficiency.
- Review Building Automation Systems as it relates to energy efficiency.
- Support Pre-measurement and Measurement & Verification (M&V) efforts for Energy Savings Performance Contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience, coursework, or specialization
- 3+ years’ experience in energy services and/or HVAC desirable
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and PE/EIT certifications desirable
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) certificate or commissioning certifications (CCP, BCxp, CBCP, etc.) would be a bonus
- Active member of industry organizations such as AEE (Association of Energy Engineers) or ASHRAE (American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers)
- Strong technical skills and energy systems understanding and knowledge required
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science, HVAC, electrical, and other industrial systems
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral English communication skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Experience in measurement and verification of energy efficiency measures desirable
- Building simulation experience with Trace, HAP or eQUEST software desirable
- Willingness and ability to satisfactorily pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight up to 25% of the time
- Experience with Python or other general purpose programming languages is a plus (particularly with respect to data analysis techniques)
CMS Controls/Piedmont Service Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.