Job Posting – Sustainability Engineer III
Wolfspeed – Durham, NC
NCAEE Members and Friends,
See below links and information for an opening for a Sustainability Engineer with Wolfspeed in Durham, NC.
As a Sustainability Engineer you will be responsible for managing the company’s sustainability program in line with published ESG goals. The position is also directly responsible for implementing and maintaining our existing ISO14001:2015 certifications across our manufacturing locations. This position works closely with internal business partners to prepare for and successfully participate in ISO14001 audits, develop our annual sustainability report, understand ESG goals, and implement processes to help Wolfspeed achieve those goals.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide high visibility interactions with personnel throughout the enterprise.
- Present opportunities for success that influence customer wins.
- Offer the experience of managing Wolfspeed’s sustainability program in line with published ESG goals.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
– Manage sustainability program
- Evaluate sustainability data software to purchase and implement throughout the enterprise.
- Work with internal business partners to communicate ESG goals in respective organizations.
- Gather, track, and calculate all company wide data including GHG calculations.
- Organize and lead third party data verification process.
- Work with internal business partners to develop Wolfspeed’s annual sustainability report.
- Manage progress towards enterprise sustainability goals.
- Answer customer and investor related surveys.
- Answer and submit annual CDP surveys.
– Implement and manage ISO 14001 program across our manufacturing locations.
- Lead internal and external audits.
- Update aspects, impacts, and objectives for each manufacturing site.
- Maintain EMS documents.
- Ensure metrics are updated at specified frequencies.
- Prepare and conduct management review(s).
What you need for success:
- 4-year degree in Sustainability, Environmental Management, Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 2 -5 years of experience performing auditing and sustainability work.
- Excellent project management skills and a solution oriented approach.
- Ability to effectively interpret ISO 14001 standard and sustainability frameworks.
- Awareness of ISO 14001:2015 standard and applicability to industry.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others and coordinate across multiple cross functional organizations.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete company provided RCRA and DOT training within 45-days of hire.
- Ability to travel to various Wolfspeed locations.
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
Highly Preferred Skills and Certifications:
- Working knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and standards (GRI, SASB, TCFD, UN SDGs)
- Masters degree with a focus on environmental management or sustainability.
- Experience with Scope 1, 2, and 3 GHG calculations.
- Experience with complex manufacturing operations