Job Posting – Energy Engineer
Piedmont Service Group – Raleigh, NC
NCAEE Members and Friends,
Piedmont Service Group has been providing HVAC services to clients in NC, SC, and VA since 1971!
PSG is currently looking for an Energy Engineer to join our team in Raleigh, NC.
PSG provides above-average pay, great benefits, and a strong company culture with low turnover.
Essential Job Functions: The Energy Engineer will support our existing and potential clients through a passion for energy optimization, renewable energy, and providing clients with creative technical solutions to their sustainability concerns. Your key customers will be building owners, facility managers, property managers, plant engineers, and operations managers who are associated with commercial and industrial facilities. The job is 75% new business development support with 25% existing account management. Piedmont Service Group is an employer that invests in your professional development, and offers opportunity to work with a very diverse set of cross-functional teams.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, AD&D & other supplemental insurance
- Short-and Long-term disability
- Bonus Potential
- 401(k) / profit sharing
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Provide technical expertise working closely with project managers and client service
managers as well as interact with internal project team members and external clients and
- Prepare technical and energy savings reports with strong technical writing and graphing
- Use building analytics software systems to review existing building operation and
strategize on energy saving solutions
- Use existing broad based knowledge in energy services to provide consultation to clients.
- Oversee technical feasibility and life cycle cost effectiveness studies.
- Collect and analyze utility bills.
- Work with Investor Owned Energy Utilities as well as Municipal Utilities as it relates to
rebates and customer incentives.
- Set data loggers and collect and analyze data.
- Use industry calculations and best practices to create analysis and review analyses
created by others.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational
- Conduct site visits to collect baseline data on energy using systems and equipment.
- Review and comment on shop drawings and design documents, as it relates to energy
- Review Building Automation Systems as it relates to energy efficiency.
- Support Pre-measurement and Measurement & Verification (M&V) efforts for Energy Savings Performance Contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or related
bachelor’s degrees with relevant experience, coursework, or specialization
- 3-5 years’ experience in energy services and/or HVAC desirable
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and PE certifications desirable
- Strong technical skills and energy systems understanding and knowledge required
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science, HVAC, electrical, and other industrial
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral English communication skills with high
proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Experience in measurement and verification of energy efficiency measures desirable
- Building simulation experience with Trace, HAP or eQUEST software desirable
- Willingness and ability to satisfactorily pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with Python or other general purpose programming languages is a plus (particularly with respect to data analysis techniques)
- CMS Controls/Piedmont Service Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
The application can be accessed at this link.