Location: Raleigh, NC
The Energy Engineer will support our existing and potential clients through a passion for energy optimization, renewable energy, and providing clients with creative technical solutions to their sustainability concerns. Your key customers will be building owners, facility managers, property managers, plant engineers, and operations managers who are associated with commercial and industrial facilities. The job is 75% new business development support with 25% existing account management. Piedmont Service Group is an employer that invests in your professional development, and offers opportunity to work with a very diverse set of cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical expertise working closely with project managers and client service managers as well as interact with internal project team members and external clients and contractors.
- Prepare technical and energy savings reports with strong technical writing and graphing skills.
- Use building analytics software systems to review existing building operation and strategize on energy saving solutions
- Use existing broad based knowledge in energy services to provide consultation to clients.
- Oversee technical feasibility and life cycle cost effectiveness studies.
- Collect and analyze utility bills.
- Work with Investor Owned Energy Utilities as well as Municipal Utilities as it relates to rebates and customer incentives.
- Set data loggers and collect and analyze data.
- Use industry calculations and best practices to create analysis and review analyses created by others.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational practices.
- Conduct site visits to collect baseline data on energy using systems and equipment.
- Review and comment on shop drawings and design documents, as it relates to energy efficiency.
- Review Building Automation Systems as it relates to energy efficiency.
- Support Pre-measurement and Measurement & Verification (M&V) efforts for Energy Savings Performance Contracts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or related bachelor’s degrees with relevant experience, coursework, or specialization
- 3-5 years experience in energy services and/or HVAC desirable
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and PE certifications desirable
- Strong technical skills and energy systems understanding and knowledge required
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science, HVAC, electrical, and other industrial systems
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral English communication skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Experience in measurement and verification of energy efficiency measures desirable
- Building simulation experience with Trace, HAP or eQUEST software desirable
- Willingness and ability to satisfactorily pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with Python or other general purpose programming languages is a plus (particularly with respect to data analysis techniques
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit this link.