Location: Shearon Harris NP, New Hill, NC – Long Term
- Responsible for performing complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level with minimal supervision with the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues.
- Fully competent in use of project controls principles and procedures, identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve.
- This position typically is assigned to projects classified as “Green III” or “Brown” per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix, or may manage multiple smaller (i.e. “Green II”) projects.
- Lead Development / Generation of Periodic Project Controls Reporting, provide leadership in development and generation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly project controls reports.
- Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting, distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate.
- Provide presentation quality report and be available to present if needed to project team/management team, Lead and Perform Change Control, track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost baseline, identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate).
- Lead team through audit reviews and reporting, oversee Project Controls Benchmarking and Self-Assessment Initiatives, assist in scheduling and carrying out benchmarking and self-assessment initiatives relevant to project controls and the types of projects typically managed by the project controls group and identify and communicate improvement opportunities, adoption of best practices and counter measures to address gaps in performance.
- Team Leadership, maintaining effective relationships with customers, supports the resolution of quality issues and complete assignments (proposals, project tasks, reports, etc.) within negotiated budgets and schedules.
- 4 year college or university desired or other with 5 years of project controls experience
- Proficient in project controls principles, proficiency / Expertise with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; strong collaborative team member
- Experience in Primavera 6 Rollout Primavera 6 Trainer Oracle BIEE PowerBI Desktop Tableau Data Modeling Primavera 6 Analytics Accumen Fuse Supervisory
- Experience of Scheduling Department 5 years Contract Control and Scope, Change Management with working Knowledge of financial, scheduling analysis, estimating, and Earned Value reporting.
- Risk Program Control experience as relates to large EPC projects PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable – PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP) Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Power plant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis Critical Needs
Talent Acquisition Specialist