The Associate Energy Engineer will support our existing and potential clients through a passion for energy optimization, renewable energy, and providing clients with creative technical solutions to their sustainability concerns. Your key customers will be building owners, facility managers, property managers, plant engineers, and operations managers who are associated with commercial and industrial facilities. The job is 75% new business development support with 25% existing account management.
- Provide technical expertise working closely with project managers and client service managers as well as interact with internal project team members and external clients and contractors.
- Prepare technical and energy savings reports with strong technical writing and graphing skills.
- Use existing broad based knowledge in the energy field spanning conventional energy technologies to alternative fuels energy services to provide consultation to clients.
- Oversee technical feasibility and life cycle cost effectiveness studies.
- Collect and analyze utility bills.
- Set data loggers and collect and analyze data.
- Use industry calculations and best practices to create analysis and review analyses created by others.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational practices.
- Conduct site visits to collect baseline data on energy using systems and equipment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or related bachelor’s degrees with relevant experience, coursework, or specialization
- Two (2) year degree with exceptional technical experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and LEED-AP and PMP certifications desirable
- Strong technical skills and energy systems understanding and knowledge required
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science, HVAC, electrical, and other industrial systems
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral English communication skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Experience in measurement and verification (M&V) of energy efficiency measures desirable
- Building simulation experience with Trace, HAP or eQUEST software desirable
- Willingness and ability to satisfactorily pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Human Resource Manager