|Hana Engineers and Consultants, LLC is seeking to hire a full time Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) to provide qualified energy management to support a comprehensive range of Energy and Water Management Program activities at Government installations. The primary work location will be Fort Bragg, NC. The REM Program is focused on complying with all applicable energy-related federal laws and Executive Orders as they pertain to reducing energy and water consumption. The key mission of a dedicated REM is to reduce the overall energy/resource consumption and associated costs.
• The REM must be a Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
• The candidate shall have an understanding of load profile data presentation and manipulation, energy audits and energy project development. Have experience in providing technical resources and management of energy related services; a working knowledge in various energy estimating software packages such as, but not limited to, Trane Trace, Department of Energy (DOE) II, and other simulation software. Have a working knowledge in documenting and monitoring maintenance procedures utilizing software such as, IBM Maximo Asset Management software; a working knowledge in the use of bin, heating degreedays, other simplified methods of energy calculations. Must be familiar with all Executive Orders, ESPC, DSM, utility privatization and other legislation and regulations related to energy programs. Have a general understanding of the ESPC program including Measurement and Verification protocols, and proficient in the use of the Microsoft Offices suite for the analysis of energy usage data and the development of presentations of findings and proposals for cost-effective solutions. The REM should have an understanding of the Army Energy and Water Reporting System (AEWRS) for energy reporting, a thorough understanding of potential utility rates that may be encountered at each site, ESPC guidance, DOE’s measurement and verification protocols, the International Measurement and Verification Protocols, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers’ (ASHRAE’s) measurement and verification procedures, CEHNC’s area-wide ESPC contracts, GSA ESPC contracts, DOE’s Super ESPC contracts, and other alternative financing vehicles.
• Education: REM shall possess at least one of the following combinations of educational and related experience requirements:
- A four-year engineering degree (preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering) and/or a registered Professional Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in energy management.
- An Environmental Science, business or related degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy management.
- A two-year technical degree with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in energy management.
- A non-degreed REM with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in energy management.
• Experience: REM shall have the following experience:
- Proven performance in facility management, in one or more of the following areas: Project management, project development, and project facilitation.
- Documented ability to achieve substantial energy savings in facility management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an energy baseline.
• Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of utility rate/tariff structures to include: The ability to evaluate the accuracy of utility billings and the ability to determine if the installation is currently on the most beneficial rate structure/tariff.
- A REM shall demonstrate evidence of the following abilities: Effectively communicate thoughts, both in writing and orally, and work independently and proactively in achieving complex technical objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills: Work well with others in problem solving situations and develop and facilitate solutions by achieving consensus on complex or complicated technical issues.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Project, and Power Point.
- Self-motivated and being able to work independently.
- Develop and implement an energy awareness program for federal installations or private sector facilities.
• Primary job location is Fort Bragg, NC. Must live near or relocate to a commutable area to Fort Bragg.
• U. S. citizen and must pass a National Agency Check or SF-85P (NACI) prior to commencement of work under this contract and must maintain the level of security required for the life of the contract
Submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hana is a full-service engineering and project management firm. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and Simple IRA plan. Hana is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected
We are always looking for motivated and talented people to join our team. At Hana, we promise that you are not just a number. We build an open and honest relationship with our employees and seek their input as we constantly strive to improve our product.