Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
SUMMARY: JLL, the facilities manager for IBM, is looking for an energy manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute energy management strategy for clients’ real estate portfolio, implementing programs to reach savings goals and targets by identified timelines.
- Manage energy benchmarking and assessment using Energy Star Portfolio Manager as well as internal software platforms; analyze energy consumption metrics to identify opportunities and create control plans to sustain energy savings.
- Manage identification and prioritization of energy capital projects, operational changes and building upgrades that result in reduced energy consumption. This could include HVAC upgrades, lighting retrofits, building envelope enhancements, demand response programs, and controls strategies, plug load management, employee engagement, and evaluating cutting edge technologies and services.
- Develop and evaluate financial viability of projects for budgeting and approval.
- Provide clear and concise reporting of all energy and sustainability activities, metrics (cost savings, CO2, water, etc), and achievements on prescribed intervals or as requested by client. Communicate plans and progress to all levels of staff through presentations and meetings.
- Conduct ASHRAE LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 on-site energy audits
- Advise, coach, and support building staff (facility managers, engineers, technicians) in identifying, scoping, and implementing energy efficiency improvements
- Collaborate with other Jones Lang LaSalle energy and sustainability managers to learn best practices and publish case studies developed on client account for benefit of all firm clients. Leverage JLL Energy & Sustainability Services expertise including renewable energy, energy supply procurement, and building intelligence tools to meet client goals.
- Establish a positive rapport with both JLL and client staff and management to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Actively participate in the sales process by presenting findings and recommendations to potential clients.
- Occasional travel with majority virtual collaboration. This role would include occasional presence at client corporate headquarter site in New York and visits to other large sites throughout the country with flexibility to predominantly work from home when not reporting to the client’s corporate headquarters. Travel is estimated to be less than 20%.
- BS in engineering (electrical, mechanical, industrial) preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with energy conservation, energy management, performance contracting or energy engineering.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, building automation and control systems across a variety of building types including commercial offices and datacenters.
- Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) highly desired. LEED accreditation preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience presenting information to all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, online software platforms, with the ability to use spreadsheets and data analysis applications.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively organize responsibilities.
- Self-starter, team player, with ability to bring alternate points of view to the discussion and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service