See below information on an opportunity to join Advanced Energy in Raleigh, NC as a Project Manager II.
Project Manager II
North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation is a non-profit planning, technical and engineering services firm whose vision is to ensure that energy is clean, affordable, reliable, efficient and safe for all people. We work with electric utilities, state, federal and local governments, manufacturers and a wide variety of public and private partners. We offer program design and implementation, consulting, training, testing and research to provide market-based energy-related solutions for our five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, solar and electric transportation.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our staff is the most valuable resource we have and we appreciate that all of our employees come from varied backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. By providing a supportive and respectful environment that promotes creativity and collaboration, North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation continues to make a lasting, positive difference in all of the work we do.
If you have a passion for working in the energy industry and contributing to Advanced Energy’s vision, we encourage you to apply for this position!
This position will provide project management support in the energy field to utilities, industrial, commercial and agricultural facilities, government agencies, and other customers. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within time and funding parameters. Establish, track, and adhere to tasks, timelines, and budgets. Coordinate project logistics and resources. Research, summarize and write project reports. At Level II, the Project Manager is expected to independently manage smaller, less complex projects and/or provide project support to other Project Managers or technical leads. Individual has familiarity with subject matter in assigned business area.
• Develop and refine scope of work and take into account the client’s needs, budget and other resources.
• Develop and implement project plans, including strategies, milestones and tasks.
• Design and facilitate project meetings and record minutes and action plans.
• Coordinate project logistics, including meetings, conference calls, presentations, workshops, client visits, travel, and events associated with assigned projects.
• Work with internal team and customer to define and update AE’s role on projects.
• Establish, document, track, and adhere to project timelines, budgets, and tasks.
• Utilize applicable software applications to perform project management and scheduling tasks, and research issues with team members to resolve problems.
• Prepare project budgets, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions.
• Develop technical tools and processes to more effectively complete tasks.
• Provide timely reports to funding sources, team, management, and others internally or externally.
• Assemble and manage the necessary work force to complete assigned activities.
909 Capability Drive Suite 2100 Raleigh NC 27606 919 857-9000
• Manage and coordinate contracts and scopes of work for subcontractors and other external contacts.
• Analyze and create budget summaries and financial scenarios to improve project tracking and performance.
• Continuously search and strive for process improvement strategies.
Develop Technical Expertise
• Create knowledge through research. Target topics that support team’s goals and strategy.
• Research and summarize programs and create final reports.
• Incorporate study findings into AE trainings.
• Present and explain reports and findings to clients and other external stakeholders.
• Maintain own technical and professional knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external partners such as agencies, associations, contractors, builders and consultants.
• Coordinate with project partners to define roles and responsibilities.
• Assist assigned team with identifying and securing additional projects.
• Create and deliver proposals/contract agreements including scopes of work, budgets and timelines.
• Document lessons learned from previous projects in order to inform business development for future projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or relevant field of study and 1-3 years of experience in managing and coordinating projects is required. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products required; experience using project management software applications is preferred.
• Project planning, time management, communication, writing and research skills required. Ability to problem solve, analyze and interpret data. Ability to work in teams as well as independently. Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a commitment to providing exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
• Knowledge of relevant industries a plus: power utility programs including residential, commercial and industrial, electric transportation.
• Knowledge of energy efficiency or renewable energy preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions
This job requires the individual to work indoors in a normal office environment. The duties and responsibilities of this position may include the ability to remain in a stationary position for most of the time. The individual will operate the computer, printer and other office equipment to perform the job and may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access files and other office machinery. The individual will spend an extended number of hours in front of a computer screen and will frequently interact and communicate with internal and external customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in an appropriate manner. The job may require occasional lifting or moving of boxes or objects weighing up to 25 lbs. In this role, the person will hold a valid NC driver’s license and travel 15-20% of the time. The individual may frequently create documents or other organizational collateral and serve as the liaison between the organization and its customers/clients.
Employment Type: This is an exempt full-time position. There may be occasions where the hours of work may vary, be irregular, and be reasonably required to meet the goals of the organization. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. It is not an implied contract of employment.
To apply click HERE or copy and paste address into browser – https://advancedenergy.applicantpool.com/jobs/688175-196939.html.
Cover letter and resume preferred.
North Carolina Advanced Energy Corporation is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provide fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all other protected statuses under federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions are based on job-related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.