Join us on October 27th for a presentation by John Farmer on the Pfizer Biomass Cogeneration Project in Sanford, NC
When someone mentions “renewable energy” our thoughts usually turn to solar, wind, or perhaps micro-hydro. But the State of North Carolina is rich in many other forms of renewable energy too. Among those are swine waste, poultry waste, and biomass. John Farmer was the project champion for a biomass & micro-cogen project at Pfizer in Sanford. Normally resigned to facilities that have a ready source of wood waste on site, this system is the only Pfizer North America site that uses biomass for steam production. It has been in operation for 4 years and in any given month, produces 60-90% of the steam used by the site. John will share information about the project and its challenges & successes. Pizza and drinks will be served.
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Meeting: NCSU Engineering Building 3 (EB3)
911 Oval Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695
Google Maps Link for Meeting
Parking: Oval Drive West Parking Deck
914 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27695
Google Maps Link for Parking
NCAEE Members and Friends
No cost for attendees
Best parking is in the Oval Drive West Parking Deck at 914 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27695 Use GPS to parking deck at 914 Partners Way and/or use these directions to get to the room after you park.
- From Western Blvd turn onto Avent Ferry Rd.
- Turn left on Varsity Dr. & go to end of road (T-intersection)
- Turn right on Partners Way and go to Oval West parking deck (First Parking Deck on Right)
- Park in the Oval West parking deck on the right
- Walk across the street
- Walk on sidewalk between Engineering Building 1 (EB1) and grass field
- Come up the main walkway
- Come straight across to Engineering Building 3 (EB3)
- Once inside, AEE-NC meeting will be in room 2232 of EB3 building
- If lost, call Walter Bright cell phone 919-545-6800
- Note: Parking at NCSU is free after 5:00 PM, so recommend you arrive just after 5:00 PM.